Wednesday, June 04, 2008
This is a good article that explains a difficult issue in change management in the area of business intelligence and change management: the importance of understanding the culture within a company if you want to achieve change. Dave Wells has done an excellent job at explaining how to identify different cultures. The key for change is to adapt our product and services to the existing culture. This is one reason that Microsoft BI stack, or the iGoogle predictive analytics tool could become the products of the future. See, The New ADAPA iGoogle gadget: Google Predictive Analytics; Microsoft SQL 2005 Analysis Services: Ten Best Practices© at http://atomai.blogspot.com/2007/03/data-mining-and-microsoft-sql-2005_23.html. These products appeal to the broader cultures: people who already use Excel, or people who want to limit their cost by using Software-as-a-Service. See, Software as a Service overview . It is important to remember that it is not just the algorithm but the amount of data that makes business analytics a reality today. See, More data usually beats better algorithms . SAS and KXEN have powerful algorithms and business models, but I think that those products do not take into account the culture within a company as well Google and Microsoft.
- advanced analytics (2)
- analytics (5)
- analytics tools (2)
- big data (3)
- buisness analytics (4)
- business analytics (4)
- business plan (1)
- center of excellence (1)
- classification (1)
- companies (2)
- data mining (3)
- framework (3)
- game theory (1)
- innovation (3)
- leverage (1)
- marketing analytics (1)
- predictive modeling (4)
- prioritization (1)
- priority (1)
- projects (1)
- recession (1)
- robotic surgery (1)
- segmentation (1)
- social media (2)
- trade promotion (1)
- trends (2)
- web analytics (2)
- what if scenarios (2)
- Genetic Algorithms, Grid Computing, and Visualizat...
- VISUALISATION USING GAME ENGINES
- The Internet, Business Models and Analytics
- Business Analytics and Software-as-a-Service: Con...
- Attensity - Text Analytics
- KXEN Analytic Framework Version 5.0 Accelerates Da...
- Analyze This: Four Fundamentals of Business Analytics
- Double Feature Selection and Cluster Analyses in M...
- Nationwide and Ohio State Partner to Address Real ...
- On the Visualization of Mathematics (Analytics)
- Delivering Software as a Service
- Mobile Devices and Business Analytics
- Business Objects aims to predict the future with b...
- Tools During Economic Recession: Forecasting & Bus...
- Real-Time Business Analytics
- Analytic Culture – Does It Matter?
- High Performance Computing (HPC) is Changing the W...
- HP Delivers Real-time Business Information with En...
- Intersection of Business, Science, and Technology:...
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2007 (55)