Saturday, March 29, 2008

Predictive Analysis with SQL Server 2008



This is a good article. In the interest of full-disclosure, I am familiar with Donald Farmer, Jamie MacLennan, Kamal Hathi and some of the individuals of the SQL data mining team within Microsoft. Also, I believe in the underlaying strategic principle that making predictive analytics available to all users within an enterprise is the keystone of turning data into actionable information for better decision-making. I know that the underlying predictive algorithms are based in good science and technology (as well as the products of SAS, SPSS, Business Objects, and many other vendors).

Two issues that I would like to explore with this product:
1. The interactive visualization of Analysis Services with Excel 2007. I believe that this is the key for data mining for the masses; and
2. The creation of industry-specific modules that allows for an easier designing of a multidimensional vector that is industry specific.

No comments:

Business Analytics

Business Analytics

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
See my resume at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-IonTpDtAgZyp3Pz5GqTJ5NjY0PhvCfJsYAfL1rX8KU/edit?hl=en_USid=1gr_s5GAMafHRjwGbDG_sTWpsl3zybGrvu12il5lRaEw