Saturday, March 29, 2008
This article shows the type of pattern that made me go into data mining. My father was a pure scientist (chemistry and mathematics) that dealt with pesticides in his research. Th entire laboratory staff (scientists and lab workers) all died of Parkinson's disease. The only thing that these people had in common was working with pesticides. These were very careful people that took extraordinary precautions in dealings with pesticides because they were aware of the harmful effects (even at the cellular level over a long period of time) of pesticides. My goal is to create a data mining visualization and predictive tool that can be used for as many people as possible to detect this type of patterns. Hopefully, when you have many people (experts as well as common people) looking at data patterns we are able to solve some of the serious problems that we are faced as a society.
- advanced analytics (2)
- analytics (5)
- analytics tools (2)
- big data (3)
- buisness analytics (4)
- business analytics (4)
- business plan (1)
- center of excellence (1)
- classification (1)
- companies (2)
- data mining (3)
- framework (3)
- game theory (1)
- innovation (3)
- leverage (1)
- marketing analytics (1)
- predictive modeling (4)
- prioritization (1)
- priority (1)
- projects (1)
- recession (1)
- robotic surgery (1)
- segmentation (1)
- social media (2)
- trade promotion (1)
- trends (2)
- web analytics (2)
- what if scenarios (2)
- Predictive Analysis with SQL Server 2008
- Family Study Associates Pesticide Use With Parkins...
- TowerGroup: Losses Resulting from Mortgage Fraud i...
- Data Mining for Disease Management:Adding Value to...
- Software as a Service overview
- The Financial Market Crisis and Risks for Latin Am...
- Therapeutic Cloning Works in Mice With Parkinson's...
- Why good companies go bad
- Enterprise Analytics: A Business Decision
- Human Computer Interaction
- Interaction Techniques for High Resolution Display...
- Real Time Scalable Visual Analysis on Mobile Devic...
- Gartner: Emerging Technologies Will Help Drive Mai...
- Mid-Market Insurance Provider Selects Blink Logic ...
- Human Factors In Visualization Research
- Visualization Projects for Data Mining
- SAS Advances Enterprise Intelligence
- Risk Management Confidence: Higher-ups More Conser...
- MADE IN IBM LABS: IBM Software Finds Hidden Produc...
- Financial Markets Crisis: A Potential Solution
- DATA MINING IN BANKING AND FINANCE: A NOTE FOR BAN...
- Business Analytics and Financial Markets Liquidity...
- A technical framework for sense-and-respond busine...
- Emerging Trends in Business Analytics
- Top 10 Unsolved Information Visualization Problems...
- Cognos and SPSS Forge Partnership to Deliver Predi...
- Information Visualization and Visual Data Mining
- Business intelligence on demand
- Why Don't American CIOs Want to Lead In Emerging T...
- Why Business Analytics as a Service Won’t Spook IT...
- Visualization of Data Mining
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2007 (55)