Sunday, April 06, 2008
This is relevant paper by the IBM Labs in visualization analytics. Although the paper orientation is toward risk management compliance in the Sarbarnes-Oxley area, its general principles have applicability over all analytics. For example:
1. A visualization should be thought of as a user interface to a control task, not as a report or a report component.
2. The patterns that are important for users to manage are at the level of the
3. Visualizations must be able to evolve as the process for an individual or a group evolves or as the overall compliance process evolves
- advanced analytics (2)
- analytics (5)
- analytics tools (2)
- big data (3)
- buisness analytics (4)
- business analytics (4)
- business plan (1)
- center of excellence (1)
- classification (1)
- companies (2)
- data mining (3)
- framework (3)
- game theory (1)
- innovation (3)
- leverage (1)
- marketing analytics (1)
- predictive modeling (4)
- prioritization (1)
- priority (1)
- projects (1)
- recession (1)
- robotic surgery (1)
- segmentation (1)
- social media (2)
- trade promotion (1)
- trends (2)
- web analytics (2)
- what if scenarios (2)
- Financial Services Business Analytics: Evidence-B...
- Evidence-based Enterprise Business Analytics Model...
- Three-Dimensional Business Analytics: How Deep is ...
- Business Case for Analytics: Explaining Cluster A...
- Explaining the Value of Business Analytics: Clarif...
- Intelligent CRM Requires Business Intelligence
- Microsoft Introduces Tool for Avoiding Traffic Jam...
- Information on Some Trends in the Disease Manageme...
- MARKET SEGMENTATION: A Neural Network Application
- On optimizing the selection of business transforma...
- How to compete on analytics: apply it
- Business Competency Model: Turning Around in a Qu...
- Business Analytics – Getting the Point
- Default Risk, Asset Pricing and Debt Control
- DEVELOPING RICH INSIGHTS ON PUBLIC INTERNET FIRM E...
- Seeing is believing: Designing visualizations for ...
- Computer-aided Detection of Lung Cancer from Compu...
- Sr .Net Architect
- Conference or Seminar on Data Mining and Visualiza...
- More data usually beats better algorithms
- Business Analytics is Evolving Says SAS
- Schlegel on Search, Analytics and Visualization
- People would rather live with a problem they canno...
- ▼ April (23)
- ► 2007 (55)