Wednesday, April 02, 2008
This article pinpoint something that has been true for a long time: more data usually beats better algorithms. Therefore, assuming that the data mining algorithmns are not the issue (assuming good science behind them, which I have found in all the major software vendors), the issue then becomes the quality of the interactive visualization tool that allows end-users to make better decisions. Fed Chairman Bernanke, when at Princeton, published a paper that is complimentary to this issue.
- advanced analytics (2)
- analytics (5)
- analytics tools (2)
- big data (3)
- buisness analytics (4)
- business analytics (4)
- business plan (1)
- center of excellence (1)
- classification (1)
- companies (2)
- data mining (3)
- framework (3)
- game theory (1)
- innovation (3)
- leverage (1)
- marketing analytics (1)
- predictive modeling (4)
- prioritization (1)
- priority (1)
- projects (1)
- recession (1)
- robotic surgery (1)
- segmentation (1)
- social media (2)
- trade promotion (1)
- trends (2)
- web analytics (2)
- what if scenarios (2)
- Financial Services Business Analytics: Evidence-B...
- Evidence-based Enterprise Business Analytics Model...
- Three-Dimensional Business Analytics: How Deep is ...
- Business Case for Analytics: Explaining Cluster A...
- Explaining the Value of Business Analytics: Clarif...
- Intelligent CRM Requires Business Intelligence
- Microsoft Introduces Tool for Avoiding Traffic Jam...
- Information on Some Trends in the Disease Manageme...
- MARKET SEGMENTATION: A Neural Network Application
- On optimizing the selection of business transforma...
- How to compete on analytics: apply it
- Business Competency Model: Turning Around in a Qu...
- Business Analytics – Getting the Point
- Default Risk, Asset Pricing and Debt Control
- DEVELOPING RICH INSIGHTS ON PUBLIC INTERNET FIRM E...
- Seeing is believing: Designing visualizations for ...
- Computer-aided Detection of Lung Cancer from Compu...
- Sr .Net Architect
- Conference or Seminar on Data Mining and Visualiza...
- More data usually beats better algorithms
- Business Analytics is Evolving Says SAS
- Schlegel on Search, Analytics and Visualization
- People would rather live with a problem they canno...
- ▼ April (23)
- ► 2007 (55)